[HELP] mediabuttons/buttons_backlight on MSI G-series laptops

Hi, list!

I wat to try to write a kernel driver for some mediabuttons (and their
backlight) on my laptop, that don't want to work otherwise.
First of all, can you suggest me some ways for reverse-engineering if I
have no MS Windows OS (and don't want to buy it and even to install it)?
Actually, exactly that buttons requires additional software to work even
on windows (two different programms for Win7 and Win8, both on .NET).

Unfortunately, kernel totally ignores two of that buttons, DisplayOff
(with it's backlight) and FlightMode (without backlight): neither evbug
nor acpid can't see any events on it. And it is also some buttons, that
requires "setkeycodes", including "Eject" one, that works fine at
BIOS/GRUB2 stage, for example. Also, it is virtual buttons on plugging
in/out AC cord, CoolerBooster and Turbo one.

So, there is may things, that requires to be rewritten, but I don't
know, if it is okay to redefine such behaviour in module.

P.S. I talking about MSI GE60 0NC (problem is the same for all of
G-series laptops), so if anyone already working on this issue — I'd glad
to participate.

P.P.S. I already tried platform-dependent code for MSI, but without any
luck.