Re: kernel Oops: 0003 on usbhid_submit_report

On Friday, August 23, 2013 at 2:49 PM, Jiri Kosina wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Aug 2013, Benjamin Tissoires wrote:
>
> > IIRC, Jiri fixed some paging requests with the two following patches:
> > http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid.git/commit/?h=for-next&id=27ce405039bfe6d3f4143415c638f56a3df77dca
> > http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid.git/commit/?h=for-next&id=bc197eedef1ae082ec662c64c3f4aa302821fb7a
> >
> > At least, these two patches are related to hid_output_report(). I
> > think they are scheduled for 3.12, so I can not find them in Linus'
> > tree.
> >
> > It would worth trying them :)
>
> All three reported oopses happened on page boundary exactly, so this
> pretty much looks like my implement() fix is the one.
>
> Andreas, could you please apply
>
> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid.git/commit/?h=for-next&id=27ce405039bfe6d3f4143415c638f56a3df77dca
>
> and report back whether it makes your problem go away?
Hi,

You are my hero Jiri :-) These two patches fixes the issues I was seeing and I can no longer reproduce them.

I have only tried them on one hardware platform yet; the one that I had failing: Atom Intel e6xx CPU with EG20T PCH platform controller. I have had approximately 300 boots in our test rigg now and no fails yet. Before was the failrate 1/25 boots.

I made the kernel based on 3.10.9 stable tag and applied them directly on there. I do recommend that these patches makes it way into the stable tree :-)

Thanks again :)

Best regards
Andreas Lillebø Holm