Re: Strange input device identification

Hello again,

I've identified a large part of it. So the protocol from the trackpad
once the alt interface has been set turns out to be synaptics, only
with each finger having the standard structure found in synaptics-usb
delimited by the 0xCI (finger count/index) byte and all five being
inline. As well, the keyboard simply changes HID interface when the
alternate setting is done to the touchpad -- and the media keys (and
the rest) also become active. I still do not know what the extra NULL
bytes at the very end of the touchpad packets are for though, but it
could just as easily be padding, I suppose. Looks like a modification
of synaptics-usb may be all I need.

Thanks,

Zach