Re: Game Controllers

On 04/26/2013 05:13 PM, Todd Showalter wrote:
     I'm a game developer, and I'm interested in discussing changes in
the way gamepad input is handled at the evdev and device level; is
this the correct place to do that?

                                        Todd.

--
  Todd Showalter, President,
  Electron Jump Games, Inc.

I sure hope so.  That's why I'm here too, but I still haven't seen any
detailed discussion of it yet.  I have a keyboard with builtin gamepad
that registers as a different USB device, and I'm trying to figure out
how to write a driver that treats the gamepad as being logically a part
of the keyboard so I can use Autokey to record and play back macros.

Autokey does everything that gamepad software usually does, so it's ideal for the purpose -- but as far as I can tell, it cannot be made
to "see" something that isn't the same USB device as the keyboard.

				Ray