Evdev like userspace/kernelspace communication system for char devices

Hello everyone, a small update on my project.

I have submitted on the gsoc site an application (http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/asion/1) proposing to extend evdev to enable it to handle more subsystems than just input (mainly the iio drivers).
Greg Kroah-Hartman in two posts has expressed some concerns on the the kernel/userspace APIs, the project timeline and the level of integration and backward compatibility with evdev. I have therefore revised and detailed the main application trough a post in the comments section.
You can find a .txt of it here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26477885/Nevdev.txt
I would kindly ask for your feedbacks about the project and in particular your opinions and comments on the prosed technical approach as described in the “technical details” section of the afore-mentioned post.

Regards,
Alessandro Osima.--