Re: Solution to get Gigabyte K8100 Aivia USB Gaming Keyboard working in Linux

Hey,

so the fix using shift+ctrl+alt+n works; However, I have to do that on
every boot. Is there some way to debug what happens if I press shift
+ctrl+alt+n / +g so that one could add a patch which allows the use of
this keyboard in linux without pressing shift+ctrl+alt+n? And should
the "gaming"-mode be fixed as well (would require to higher the
HID_MAX_USAGES value) would it be possible to add an if or something
(I'm not a kernel-/driver developer, so I really don't know if that's
bad practise or something) like "if keyboard == .. HID_MAX_USAGES.."
That'd solve the gaming-mode of the keyboard and it wouldn't require
the key-combo to make it work in Linux.

Thanks in advance,
jean