Re: BUG: Joydev - Broken line compensation does not work for small range inputs

>>The problem is that the 'broken line' calibration can not properly
>>represent/process a value with a small range - I guess this does not
>>matter when there is a large input range.
>>
>>In my system I have a dial (RZ) with 4 positions (0..3):
>>      expect to see -32768, -10922, +10922, +32768
> Hi Simon,
>
> I think you should simply use evdev, joydev is legacy interface useful for
> real joysticks.

If the use of joydev is truely depricated then a "won't fix" is fine I
guess, but a lot of applications seem to use this...

As I noted you can disable the calibration with something like 'jscal -s
8,0,0,0,0,0...' in order to get 'raw' values via '/dev/input/js0'
interface - this might be sufficient for a user to make use of the
dial/etc.

Thanks,
Simon.

PS. The irony is that although SDL2.0 use the evdev interface, they show a
similar problem due to integer math in their calibration code/coefs... ho
hum off to patch I guess :-)