Using an eGalax touchpad on ARM

Hi,

I am currently trying to get an D-Wav/eGalax touchpad to work under
linux on an ARM board (pandaboard). I can use the touchpad just fine
from most laptops running gentoo or ubuntu.

To get the device to work I followed the guide I found at
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Multitouch_Displays. This means I
load the hid-multitouch driver and then issue

# echo 3 0eef 72f0 259 >
/sys/module/hid_multitouch/drivers/hid\:hid-multitouch/new_id

which activates the device on my laptop running gentoo.

The same procedure on the pandaboard does not activate the touchpad
however. I can see the touchpad just fine using lsusb, but somehow the
activation fails.

What could be the cause for the activation failure under a different
architecture?

One possible reason why this may not work, that I am currently
considering is the BUS-Number. When I first tried to activate the device
on the laptop I assumed this number was refering to the USB-Bus to which
the device was connected. However after re-reading the guide for
arch-linux, I figured out that this number is 3 for any USB-device.
However I could not figure out what this magic number is referring to.
Is it possible, that this number is different on the pandaboard? If so,
how could I find out the correct number to use for activation of the device?

If you need any additional information (output from dmesg, lsusb etc)
just let me know and I'll get the necessary information from the board.

Thank you for your help,

  Till Crueger

- --
Dipl. Inform. Till Crueger