Re: Lenovo G360: ALPS Touchpad Recognized as "PS/2 Generic Mouse"

(dropping Debian bug from cc list)
Hi,

littlebat wrote:

>                                                               I report a
> kernel bug about ALPS touchpad to you.
>
> My lenovo G360 has an ALPS touchpad, show in Windows 7 Home Editition
> OEM in this laptop. Under Debian Squeeze or Ubuntu 12.04 LTS LiveCD in same
> laptop, the left and
> right key, single and double tap, tracking  of touchpad works well.
> But, there isn't touchpad tab in gnome mouse setting dialog, so I
> can't setup edge scrolling and disable touchpad on typing. xinput
> shows it is a "PS/2 Generic Mouse".
[...]
> Tell me If need more detail information.

Thanks.  Forgive me for being dense: can you spell this out a little
more for me?

Is the following summary correct?

 - 2.6.32.y (Debian squeeze) works well, using xinput or synclient to
   configure
 - 3.2.y (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS) sees a generic mouse, unconfigurable
 - 3.2.y (Debian squeeze-backports) is likewise unconfigurable
 - 3.4.4 (Debian experimental) is also unconfigurable

Could you provide full "dmesg" output from booting a working and
non-working kernel?

Hope that helps,
Jonathan