Re: Missing Key-codes from <linux/input.h> file

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 07:39:25PM +0530, Dharam Kumar wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm working on a module which is an input device and hence it needs to
>> report certain key events.
>>
>> While browsing through the <linux/input.h>, I did find most of the
>> key-codes(which I need to use) already defined but not all.
>>
>> Few of the KEY_xxx which i could not find are:
>>
>> a.) A Key for going to the previous channel.
>
> I believe that's what this one is intended for:
>
> #define KEY_PREVIOUS            0x19c

Hmm..I looked at it, but i was not sure ,whether it is the right key
code for the 'Previous channel'.
To be specific about what the key is supposed to do:
"Select the channel used before most recent new channel selection."
Also, there is another define:
#define KEY_LAST                     0x195  /* Recall last */
confusing...No?

>> b.) Keys for Moving upper-right, lower-right, upper-left and
>> lower-left direction(probably a GUI(or a grid of icons),where you move
>> diagonally)
>
> Sounds a bit like joystick functionality, which already exists.

Will you please be bit more specfic? Which keys/defines exactly you
are talking about?
Apologies for me being so naive. :)