Re: [RFC v2 0/1] User-space HID I/O Driver

Hi David/Jiri,

On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 7:59 PM, Joao Paulo Rechi Vita
<jprvita@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I'm having problems with modifiers keys (they don't work). The USB-HID
>>> spec says that for each modifier key pressed a bit have to be set on
>>> the modifiers byte (byte 2) of the report array. Dumping the data both
>>> on the HoG plugin on bluetoothd and through hidraw for the created HID
>>> device shows that these bits are being set correctly.
>>>
>>> Any idea of what could be wrong or additional checks that can be performed?
>>
>> So hidraw shows the respective bits set properly, but they are not coming
>> out of /dev/input/eventX, right?
>>

> Exactly.
>
>> How about /syse/kernel/debug/hid/<device>/events, does it show the events?
>>

> Thanks for the help, but it wasn't needed. The problem was actually on
> the userspace HoG->HID parsing, we're adding an additional 0x00 byte
> to the beginning of the array. Now modifiers works!
>
> --
> João Paulo Rechi Vita
> Openbossa Labs - INdT

The basic features are now working, we have tested HoG keyboard and
mouse. The major features missing related to HID are output/feature
reports, and suspend.

My HID knowledge is quite limited but it seems that output reports are
not working on uhid, at least I didn't see events from the host. Even
for USB keyboard it doesn't work, do you have any pointers?

BR,
Claudio