Re: ALPS v4 Semi-mt Support

On Monday 16 of April 2012 16:24:07 Seth Forshee wrote:
> If the latency really is noticible when you stash the ST points, here's
> what I'd suggest trying instead. Stash away the last set of MT data you
> saw and repeat it with each of the next two ST coordinates. I suspect
> that will probably work well enough, and will allow every ST point to
> still be reported. And it should significantly simplify the code as
> well.

I will try to do that, thanks.

> If you see the sync bit set, it's _always_ the first fragment of the MT
> data, so you shoule _always_ reset the position. Why should past data
> have any effect on this decision?

I have noticed that the sync bit can at times be set in the second packet of
the sequence. Couldn't this reset the position to priv->multi_packet=0 when
in fact we are in priv->multi_packet=1  position?
I have also thought about "if((packet[6] & 0x40) && (priv->multi_packet ==
0))" so that sync is not lost.

> This doesn't really re-sync the position, and the sync bit is sufficient
> for this purpose anyway. I'd propose that if you really think checking
> multi_data[4] is beneficial, use it only for validating the MT packet
> before parsing it.

OK, I have tried that before, thanks for the suggestion.