Re: not supported hardware: Gigabyte K8100 Aivia USB Gaming Keyboard

Hi,

zitev wrote:

> Thanks for your respond! I did try to probe again with the latest
> sid kernel (Linux version 3.2.0-1-686-pae (Debian 3.2.1-2)
> (ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) (gcc version 4.6.2 (Debian 4.6.2-12) ) #1 SMP
> Tue Jan 24 06:09:30 UTC 2012), but the problem's very same.
> What more can I help you?

Here's some context.

Csaba noticed[1] that his keyboard (a "Gigabyte K8100 Aivia USB Gaming
Keyboard") does not work correctly on Linux.  It is claimed by the
usbhid driver and:

> all keys absolutely not working, but led's does light.

When I search for information about Linux support for this keyboard
elsewhere, I see that the backspace key and multimedia keys are said
to work but nothing else[2]:

| papibe	June 4th, 2011, 09:51 PM
|
| Try to see if xev registers an event while pressing the backspace key:
| $ xev
| Regards.
|
| Peckles	June 4th, 2011, 10:07 PM
| Thanks for the command, very useful. Thats going in the memory bank...
|
| The backspace key registers a backspace. Also all of the multimedia
| keys and special 5 mappable keys work as well. (very strange...)

The question becomes: where to go from here?  Any idea about how we
can find out what how to drive this device?  Does it have a driver for
Windows we could investigate?  Is there perhaps some way to trace what
it sends over the wire in order to mock something up?

Csaba, please attach "lsusb -v" output.

Others: hints?

Thanks,
Jonathan