Re: fftest: Force feedback doesn't work in native mode

On 18 January 2012 22:09,  <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 'hid-lg4ff' was improved by Michal back in August to include support for
> all Logitech wheel and run them in the native mode (to get 900' rotation
> etc).

Thanks for the reply, Simon.

So, today I installed OpenSuse 12.1 which has the kernel version 3.1.0.
Thankfully the file hid-lg4ff "is" present there in the hid directoy.

I saw the same file with extended code here:
http://lingrok.org/source/xref/linux-2.6-linus/drivers/hid/hid-lg4ff.c

The above linked 'hid-lg4ff' file does contain the function for the
native mode etc. and is lengthy too.
I was very much surprised on noticing that the 'hid-lg4ff' file
present in kernel version 3.1.0 of Suse 12.1 is quite small and does
NOT seem to have any function for native mode etc!

Sorry, I don't know how to use that git link which you gave. I'll try
to figure that out.

-Anisha