Re: Supporting Battery Strength from my Bluetooth Mouse

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:

> > So I take it that you are now working on that, is my understanding
> > correct?
>
> Yep, though I'm still trying to see how it all fits together.  For
> example, in which function should I check to see if BatteryStrength is
> in the table?

Well, parsing HID report descriptor is not completely trivial, although
it's not a heart surgery either.

It's all done by 'hid_parse()' main routine, which calls one of
hid_parser_main(), hid_parser_global(), hid_parser_local() or
hid_parse_reserved(), depending on the type of the item.

For hid-input usages, the most important part of the setup is then done in
hidinput_configure_usage().

The actual 'reaction' to the event once it is signalled by device then
happens in hidinput_hid_event(). This is being called from
hid_process_event() handler, and individual drivers can register their own
callbacks for event processing that get called before this 'global'
handler executes (see for example logi_dj_ll_input_event() in
drivers/hid/hid-logitech-dj.c).

Hope this helps,

--
Jiri Kosina