Re: HID-Multitouch: eGalax Touchscreen Pressure

Hi Cedric,

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 08:00, Cedric Sodhi <manday@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello everybody
>
> After I finally got the touchscreen to work thanks to Benjamin, there
> remains one little issue for the eGalax 0eef:a001
>
> I'm pretty sure one could measure the pressure by which the finger(s)
> touches the screeen. Currently, even coming close to the surface is
> taken as a touch land. Here is the rdesc. If it is does not report such
> a capability, then something is wrong, I think. I cannot recall having
> had such overly responsive behaviour under windows.

Well, the reports don't show pressure, so you won't be able to handle
it in a generic way.
Maybe under windows you have a vendor-specific driver that talks to
the proprietary input interface on your device:

With little luck:
You may change the value of the input mode in mt_set_input_mode to
switch the device mode (0x01 means mouse/touchscreen emulation, 0x02
means win7 generic multitouch), try 0x03 for instance...

Then, try to see if the event node is active (do not forget to have
someone reading /dev/input/eventX).

Then, once you decoded the reports, you may write a specific driver
for this eGalax product ;-)

Cheers,
Benjamin