Re: HID: Dead ./debug/hid/xxx/events

Hi Cedric,

If I understand correctly, your device is an eGalax one with a Wacom
VendorID... ;-)

I assume that you're the first of a long list that will encounter this
kind of problem:

Now, hid (the generic hid input layer) can detect if your device is a
multitouch one (by relying on the ContactID field in the report
descriptor), and it will release it if it's detected.
The counter part of this autodetection (in hid-multitouch) has not
been judged as enough mature to be included in the kernel, and
hid-multitouch can't handle your device automatically.

That's why you don't see any event* unless you add the VID:PID in
hid-multitouch.

I'm currently working on a solution to allow end-user to test more
efficiently their device with hid-multitouch.
If you want to be my guinea pig, it would help me.

Cheers,
Benjamin