Re: Annoying touchpad behavior

On Sat, 12 Nov 2011, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

> > The synclient program does the job.  However there is no Synaptics
> > section in xorg.conf.  In fact, there isn't any xorg.conf file at all;
> > the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d directory contains only
> > 00-system-setup-keyboard.conf, which talks about the keyboard but not
> > the touchpad.
> >
> > Presumably I can add a similar file with config information for the
> > touchpad driver, but I'm not sure what it should say.  Any suggestions?
>
> I think the following link explains it fairly well:
>
> 	http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Input_device_configuration
>
> Hope this helps.

Yes, it does ... sort of.  I set it up and it works correctly.  But the
gnome-mouse-properties trackpad settings override my changes whenever I
log in or resume from suspend!  And there's no way to customize those
settings; the TapButton* things are either all on or all off.

Oh well.  At least now I know what the problem is and what needs to be
done.  Thanks to both of you for your help.

Alan Stern