Re: psmouse: "bad data from KBD - bad parity" every 2ms with synaptics touchpad

Damjan Jovanovic wrote:

> Maybe that touchpad doesn't send proper parity. See what we did in commit
> 6b9d363c49d22395d0cf8729c5963f83cfbb6d69, and try to disable parity
> checking for that touchpad the same way?

Sure, though it would be nice to understand the problem better first.

So:

 - Arvind, could you say a little more about when this started
   happening[1]?  Did you change your configuration, or was there any
   upgrade around the same time (/var/log/dpkg.log* should say)?  Any
   idea why this wasn't always happening from the start?

 - Others, any idea what information would be useful to track this
   further?  Are there tools or patches for tracing what the kernel
   gets told by the touchpad, so we could see the nature of these
   parity errors?

 - Is there a dump or cache of bugzilla.kernel.org available anywhere?
   I would like to look at bug#6105 (referred to by 6b9d363c) in case
   it points to some hints or useful debugging tools.

Please forgive my laziness.
Jonathan

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/647136