Re: Linux joystick driver bugreport

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

> > The joystick driver incorrectly maps axes for some devices.
> >
> > I tried two different sticks on different computers with very similar
> > results. In both cases, the driver detects more axes which each
> > joystick has, and does not map the 'arrow buttons' correctly.
> > For device 0079:0011 DragonRise Inc. arrows buttons are mapped to axes 3
> > and 4.
> > For device 0e8f: 0002 GreenAsia Motion Inc. arrows buttons are mapped
> > to axes 2 and 3

Pablo,

could you please post report descriptor and HID debugging output for those
devices?

You can obtain those from debugfs -- /sys/kernel/debug/hid/<device>/ on
most systems (depending where you have debugfs mounted to).

There are two text files -- the 'rdesc' one never changes, and contains
report descriptor as presented by the device. The 'events' one has new
event every time event is triggered by the HID device, and presents view
of the event from the HID core POV.

I'd be interested in those outputs for the affected devices.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs