Re: ET1602 Touchscreen doesn't work

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 10:23:06AM +0800, Chih-Wei Huang wrote:
> 2011/6/9 Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo <cascardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Nice. That was one of the tests. But have you tested without the quirck
> > in hid-quirks and without the suggested change by Benjamin? Considering
> > the device would indicate it supports RX and Z axis, but not X and Y
> > axis, it should not work either in Android.
>
> Did you mean just remove this line in hid-quirks.c?
>
> { USB_VENDOR_ID_TOUCHPACK, USB_DEVICE_ID_TOUCHPACK_RTS, HID_QUIRK_MULTI_INPUT },
>
> That's what I've tried (with and without Benjamin's change) .
> Yes, it works in Android 2.2.

Yes, that's what I meant. The problem is: without the patch, X.org won't
work with the drivers I've tested it with; with the patch, Android won't
work. I am curious, because the code you've sent only checked for X and
Y axis and without the patch, the single device would not send events in
these axis, IIRC. I will check if I have this particular device
available and do some tests with current Linux (2.6.39.1) and more
recent X.org drivers.

Regards,
Cascardo.