Re: HID joystick - Axis 11 non operational.

On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 15:25:02 -0400
simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have a strange bug, axis 11 does not appear to be working at all,
> remains at -32768 all the time.
>
> On the Sixaxis controller almost all the buttons are pressure sensitive,
> and thus reported as axis as well as buttons. The 'faulty' axis is in the
> middle of a descriptor group so I don't think the problem is with the
> descriptor.
>
> Hidraw0 logging shows that the gamepad is sending the correct data. Logs
> from hidraw and jstest attached.
>
> Axis 10 - Dpad-down
> Axis 11 - Dpad-left
> Axis 12 - L2 trigger

I confirm that the axis for Dpad-left (usage->code == 0x2f IINM) of the
Sixaxis looks like it is not working. I too can see the data on hidraw
device but not on the joystick or even the event device, so it may be
below the joystick layer.

> This fault is seen with Sixaxis and 3rd party wired controller. Tested
> with 3.0rc1 kernel.

Simon when you say "3rd party wired controller" do you mean still
Sixaxis compatible?

> Is there any chance/place where userland could be misconfigured? Or where
> should I look in the kernel?

I took a quick look at hid-input.c thinking that something about
event bits could be wrong but haven't found anything so far.

Regards,
   Antonio

--
Antonio Ospite