Re: acer-wmi: rfkill and bluetooth enabling doesn't work as in 2.6.37

Hi OldÅich,

æ åï2011-03-31 æ 02:09 -0600ïJoey Lee æåï
> æ åï2011-03-31 æ 01:51 -0600ïJoey Lee æåï
> > Hi OldÅich,
> >
> > æ åï2011-03-31 æ 08:43 +0200ïOldÅich JedliÄka æåï
> > > Hi Joey Lee,
> > >
> > > 2011/3/31 OldÅich JedliÄka <oldium.pro@xxxxxxxxx>
> > >         Hi Dmitry,
> > >
> > >         On Sunday 27 March 2011 19:09:29 Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> > >         > On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 04:35:46PM -0600, Joey Lee wrote:
> > >         > > Thank's for your information, I will look at it.
> > >         > >
> > >         > > Finally,
> > >         > > I borrow a Acer Aspire one ZG8 from Gary, it can reproduce
> > >         your
> > >         > > situation.
> > >         > >
> > >         > > The BAD thing is you are right,
> > >         > > I CAN REPRODUCE rfkill-input didn't receive any input, it
> > >         not make sense
> > >         > > because rfkill-input registered input handler.
> > >         > >
> > >         > > The BT HW key still works because acer-wmi have polling to
> > >         sync the
> > >         > > state with EC and killswitch, and EC also take care the BT
> > >         device power
> > >         > > off job.
> > >         > >
> > >         > > But, I also found SOMETIMES after system reboot,
> > >         rfkill-input can
> > >         > > capture the key event.
> > >         > > We need find out why input handle didn't receive KEY_*
> > >         event.
> > >         > >
> > >         > >
> > >         > > Hi, Dmitry
> > >         > >
> > >         > > Appreciate if you can give us any good suggestions!
> > >         > > Why keyboard emit KEY_BLUETOOTH, but rfkill-input,
> > >         registered input
> > >         > > handler, can't capture it?
> > >         > >

> > >         > > *** 06:32:42.972: lshal: device_condition,
> > >         > >
> > >         udi=/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/platform_i8042_i8042_KBD_port_logicaldev
> > >         > > _input
> > >         > >
> > >         > >            condition_name=ButtonPressed
> > >         > >            condition_details=bluetooth
> > >         > >

> > >         > > But, SOMETIMES after reboot system, rfkill-input can
> > >         capture the key.
> > >         > > We are working on 2.6.38 kernel, and Acer notebook.
> > >         >
> > >         > Hi Joey,
> > >         >
> > >         > If you look in /proc/bus/input/devices do you see
> > >         rfkill-input as
> > >         > actually bound to the device that has KEY_BLUETOOTH?
> > >         >

> > >         > Since it is atkbd that is emitting KEY_BLUETOOTH and this
> > >         key is not in
> > >         > the default keymap I think you must be loading Acer-specific
> > >         keymap via
> > >         > udev or some other mechanism, and I guess stumbling upon a
> > >         deficiency in
> > >         > input layer: we do not re-match devices after changing
> [...]

OK, confirm acer-aspire_5720 keymap works fine on my ZG8. I added the
following rule to /lib/udev/rules.d/95-keymap.rules:

ENV{DMI_VENDOR}=="Acer*", ATTR{[dmi/id]product_serial}=="ZG8*", RUN+="keymap $name acer-aspire_5720"

I will send patch to udev group. But I am not sure acer-aspire_5720 keymap also works to you:

0x84 bluetooth  # sent when bluetooth module missing, and key pressed
0x92 media      # acer arcade
0xD4 bluetooth  # bluetooth on
0xD9 bluetooth  # bluetooth off

Do you need me help to send out patch to udev group for your machine?

Thank's
Joey Lee