Re: Elo TouchSystems touchscreen support? (04e7:0022)

Hi Bastien,

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 17:10, Bastien Nocera <hadess@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 14:20 +0100, Benjamin Tissoires wrote:
>> With the patch this time.... ;)
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 14:18, Benjamin Tissoires
>> <benjamin.tissoires@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > Hi Bastien,
>> >
>> > Sorry for that. Attached a new version that bumps a Linus' 2.6.38-rc2
>> > or 2.6.38-rc3 to Jiri's tree and applies the patch above.
>> >
>> > If it's still not working, I'll send you the files directly ;)
>
> The instructions didn't quite work (the PCI ID seems to be in
> upper-case, and the tail command wasn't producing any output). I used
> good ol' 'cat' instead. Attached is what it produced.

oops... When you say "the PCI ID seems to be in upper-case", you means
the path of the events file, or you had to modify the patch?

> The cursor actually follows the touch, but it seems I need to press
> quite hard to make it work.

Is this the same with a Windows system? I don't think we made any
assumption on the pressure.

> Touch with 2 fingers doesn't do anything
> different from single finger.

This is quite normal: Linux is not ready for multitouch right now ;)
Only the kernel is ready. People are working on x.org' XInput 2.1 to
enable multitouch in X.org, and the toolkits are following this
development.

If you want to give a try, you can download our mt-diagnostic software
at:  http://lii-enac.fr/en/architecture/linux-input/mtdiag.html .

> Let me know if you want me to test anything else. I'll try not to take
> as long to do the testing next time, but we were working on our first
> GNOME 3 test day.

Well, the device does not sends much relevant informations: we have to
rebuild some informations, so the final patch will be really close to
the one I sent last week. Once I made it, I'll ask you to test it
before submitting it for 2.6.38 (if it's still possible).

Cheers,
Benjamin