Re: Input event for blocking touchpad

On Sat, 2010-11-27 at 05:10 +0800, Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a notebook with an ACPI system that notifies about the pressing
> of the key for blocking touchpad. However, it does not notify it by
> itself. I was considering sending the event to userspace and let it does
> the blocking.

how do you know the event is sent via ACPI?

please try "cat /proc/interrupts > interrupt-1;
grep . /sys/firmware/acpi/interrupts/* > gpe-1; sleep 5;
cat /proc/interrupts > interrupt-2;
grep . /sys/firmware/acpi/interrupts/* > gpe-2", and press the block key
during the 5 seconds sleep.
Then please attach the 4 files here to see if there are ACPI interrupts
generated by the key pressing.

thanks,
rui