Re: [RFC, PATCH 0/2] Enable setting leds via hidraw on Sixaxis

On 10/13/2010 04:57 PM, Antonio Ospite wrote:
Hi,

this series adds a new quirk to force output reports to be sent over the
control endpoint rather than the interrupt ep, this is needed on our
"beloved" Sixaxis controller in order to set leds via hidraw, sending
the output report on the interrupt endpoint does not have any effect
whatsoever.

This is just an RFC for now, the quirk name can be improved, and I have
to make clear in the code and in the commit messages if this is for
hidraw only, but you can get the idea already.

Thanks,
    Antonio

Antonio Ospite (2):
   HID: usbhid, new quirk to force out reports on the control ep
   HID: hid-sony, use HID_QUIRK_FORCE_OUT_CONTROL_EP for Sixaxis

  include/linux/hid.h           |    1 +
  drivers/hid/hid-sony.c        |    4 +++-
  drivers/hid/usbhid/hid-core.c |    3 ++-

Hi Antonio,

If it were me, I'd just call usb_control_msg() from inside your driver (hid-sony) instead of calling usbhid_output_report(). What's wrong with doing that?

Alan.