How to approach a USB HID device with a specialized interface???

Hello,

I've been playing around with the Ergodex DX1 keypad and am trying to
figure out how to approach the driver.

It has two USB interfaces.

Interface 1:
 - A pure USB HID keyboard interface
 - No problems with the stock usbkbd driver

Interface 2:
 - Vendor specific interface
 - Programs keys with keycodes emitted on interface 1
 - Controls two LEDS
 - Emits events when an unmapped key is pressed
 - Sets/clears device test mode

I've tested the device using libusb to program the keys and control the
LEDS. But, I think there are several advantages to a driver:
 - Supporting the EVIOCGKEYCODE and EVIOCSKEYCODE ioctls
 - Handling suspend/resumes properly
 - Creating LED class devices
 - Emitting MSC_SCAN events on unmapped keys

I've been digging through drivers/hid and drivers/usb/keyboard looking for
examples of how to pick up a specific interface and handle it, but I
haven't found one yet.

Any suggestions?