Re: Sitronix ST9RM01 multitouch panel

Le 28 sept. 10 à 21:10, Henrik Rydberg a écrit :

On 09/28/2010 08:49 PM, Stéphane Chatty wrote:
[...]

This usage of ABS_MT_TRACKING_ID is not ideal. The HID contact id normally maps to a slot number, which suggests the MT slots protocol be used instead.

I'm working on a slot-based version of the Stantum driver, and have had a look into this. The Stantum firmware actually cycles over 8-bit values for its
ContactID. In this, it conforms more to the definition you gave for
ABS_MT_TRACKING_ID ("The slot protocol requires the use of the
ABS_MT_TRACKING_ID, either provided by the hardware or computed from the raw data [5]") than to a slot number, doesn't it? Nevertheless, given our recent exchanges about the 3M driver, I planned to use the driver's own tracking ID.

Your thoughts?

Excellent. :-) Speaking of drivers and multiplication, I think many of the current drivers could in fact be merged. It seems we have two or three different types so far, and different manufacturers may well be served by the same driver.

Yes, I have started reviewing all devices and making a summary of their differences in that very purpose. Among the things we'll need is some standard way for calling the filtering function at the end of a set of fingers. CONTACTCOUNT is a good candidate, but I need to check some devices. One thing bothers me though. It is that hid-core has the whole information, then is splits it and calls us repeatedly, then we more or less undo that by storing the information and trying to determine the last time it calls us.

St.