Re: question about v4l2_subdev

Hi,

1. Something first should call v4l2_device_register() on a v4l2_device
object.  (Typically there is only one v4l2_device object per "bridge"
chip between the PCI, PCIe, or USB bus and the subdevices, even if that
bridge chip has more than one I2C master implementation.)

2. Then, for subdevices connected to the bridge chip via I2C, something
needs to call v4l2_i2c_new_subdev() with the v4l2_device pointer as one
of the arguments, to get back a v4l2_subdevice instance pointer.

3. After that, v4l2_subdev_call() with the v4l2_subdev pointer as one of
the arguments can be used to invoke the subdevice methods.

TV Video capture drivers do this work themselves.  Drivers using a
camera framework may have the framework doing some of the work for them.

Regards,
Andy

Is there a sensor driver which is using this method?

To write the ov2640 driver I have just copied the ov7670.c file, and I didn't find the v4l2_i2c_new_subdev in it...

Regards,
Sedji