Re: [RFC3] Teach drivers/media/IR/ir-raw-event.c to use durations

David Härdeman wrote:
> drivers/media/IR/ir-raw-event.c is currently written with the assumption
> that all "raw" hardware will generate events only on state change (i.e.
> when a pulse or space starts).
>
> However, some hardware (like mceusb, probably the most popular IR receiver
> out there) only generates duration data (and that data is buffered so using
> any kind of timing on the data is futile).
>
> Furthermore, using signed int's to represent pulse/space durations in ms
> is a well-known approach to anyone with experience in writing ir decoders.
>
> This patch (which has been tested this time) is still a RFC on my proposed
> interface changes.
>
> Changes since last version:
>
> o s64's are used to represent pulse/space durations in ns.
>
> o Lots of #defines are used in the decoders
>
> o Refreshed to apply cleanly on top of Mauro's current git tree
>
> o Jon's comments wrt. interrupt-context safe functions have been added

Ok, tested it with a variety of NEC/NEC extended/RC-5 IR's I have, with the
saa7134 hardware. All worked.

There's just a few checkpatch.pl complains, and the most important thing:

It lacks your SOB ;)

Please fix the checkpatch.pl errors, add a kfifo size comment and your SOB
and resend it to me (or, if you prefer, just send your SOB. I can take care
of the rest, as they're just trivial things).

--

Cheers,
Mauro