Re: Logitech M705 thumb button

On Tue, 30 Mar 2010, Octoploid wrote:

> >> Just bought a Logitech M705 mouse today and everything is working
> >> fine except the thumb button. I just don't get any events in »xev« or
> >> »xinput test« when I press that button.
> >> This mouse comes with the new »Unifying USB receiver«.
> >>
> >> Any hints on how I could get that button working?
> >>

> > Start with locating "evtest" utility and confirming that the kerenl does
> > not emit any events for the thumb button.
>
> Yes, there are no events emitted for the thumb button when running »evtest«.

Could you please provide output of

	cat /sys/kernel/debug/hid/<device>/rdesc

and

	cat /sys/kernel/debug/hid/<device>/events

(the second command should be run when the non-working button is pressed
on the device).

This works on kernels 2.6.32 an newer -- for older ones you'll have to
recompile your kernel with CONFIG_HID_DEBUG, modprobe the hid module with
'debug=2' parameter, and look into dmesg output.

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.