Re: Zeroing the report before setting fields

On Tue, 9 Mar 2010, Pete Zaitcev wrote:

> > > I think Jiri is the most qualified to answer questions like that about
> > > HID (CCed) buit I think what you are proposing is reasonable and would
> > > make the code safer indeed.
> >
> > Yes, the patch looks fine to me, thanks for CCing me.
> >
> > Pete, could you please send it to me along with your Signed-off-by line,
> > so that I could queue it up?
>
> Will do, thanks. I was hoping for a comment re. memset.
> It is not needed for reports that consist of full bytes,
> so it's a little wasteful. I aimed at simplicity, but I don't
> know, what do you think?

I don't think it's super important (basically nothing can be considered
super-hot path when dealing with such slow hardware as HID devices :) ),
but I wouldn't object to adding extra check before calling the memset.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.