Re: Event number sequence

Hi Abraham,

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 10:46:28AM -0600, Abraham Arce wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tested the insertion/removel of 2 different drivers (keyboard
> and touchscreen), what I have seen is that the sequence in the number
> of the event is always different aty the time of registering them, I'd
> expect that if I remove a module, the event number is freed, making it
> available for the next time but this is not the case

The number you are referring to is not "event number" but just a part of
input device name. It always monotonically increases and is not stable
across reboots.

> My output looks like
>
> #insmod myinputdriver.ko
> /class/input/input0
> #rmmod myinputdriver.ko
> #insmod myinputdriver.ko
> /class/input/input1
> #rmmod myinputdriver.ko
>
> Is there any specific function from the input subsystem to free it?

No, as we do not track these numbers there is no way to "free" it.

> Do
> we have a limitation on the input subsystem?

Not that I can see (at least not in this particular area ;) ). It would
be helpful to know what kind of issue you are trying to solve.

--
Dmitry