Re: Synaptics Multi touch capabilities

2009/12/23 Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Wednesday 23 December 2009 03:13:04 am Erik Andrén wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have a ASUS 1005HA netbook equipped with a Synaptics touch pad:
>> [   18.341491] Synaptics Touchpad, model: 1, fw: 7.2, id: 0x1a0b1,
>> caps: 0xd04731/0xa40000
>>
>> In Linux, no multitouch capabilities are detected (Zoom, two and three
>> finger button presses etc.).
>> This all works with the same hardware in windows 7.
>> Is there a bug in the linux driver preventing multitouch to work?
>>

> Linux Synaptics driver does not have full multitouch support (yet?). The 2-
> and 3- finger taps should work (provided that they are enabled in SYnaptics X
> driver) but there is no multiple finger tracking...
They don't. I've tried with the 1.1.2 and 1.2.0 version of the xorg
synaptics driver. But if this is the issue I guess I should take this
inquiry to the proper xorg mailing list.

> BTW, the capability 0xd04731 indicates that your hardware does not report
> multi-finger taps.

I'm aware of that, but why does pinch and zoom then work in windows 7?
Is it possible to emulate this with a single touch touchpad?

Best regards,
Erik