about mouse lost synchronization

Dear all

I've implemented a ps/2 serio driver that uses GPIO (two GPIO pins). Each

bit is triggered by GPIO interrupt. When in console mode, GPM works

fine, and I can see the mouse cursor moves correctly. But When entering

GUI, say QT or microwindows, the following messages occurred:

Mouse at xxxxx/serio0/input0 lost synchronization, throwing 1 bytes away.
..
Mouse at xxxxx/serio0/input0 lost synchronization, throwing 1 bytes away.

Mouse at xxxxx/serio0/input0 lost synchronization, throwing 2 bytes away.

And the mouse cursor is floating and moves incorrectly.

What is the criteria that kernel think the mouse packet is lost of sync.?

                                        Regards,
                                                ycchang

database 4069 (20090512) __________

http://www.eset.com