Equivalent of /dev/input/mice for keyboards

Hi, I have developed a PS/2 driver for a new ARM-based hardware.

I have used the serio subsystem and I can test with input-event or
similar programs that the keyboard and mouse I have connected work well.

Now, this platform, being an embedded ARM board, does not have a
"console" that can be attached to the keyboard. I only connect with
serial port or telnet. And here I am getting confused: I can read one
device at a time by opening /dev/input/event*.

I would like to write my userspace application so that it gets all the
input from the various keyboards (can be up to two PS/2 keyboards + USB
ones) and process it. The struct input_event is very convenient but what
I am doing now is to open all the event* devices and select() them. This
wouldn't probably work if I connect/disconnect a device on the fly. It
would be much easier if I had a device similar to input/mice that
automatically does the muxing for me...

Thank you
Alessio