Re: keyboards and evdev printing multiple keys

Peter Hutterer wrote:
On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 03:09:46PM -0500, F. Heitkamp wrote:
I am not sure this is a bug.
I have a Apple keyboard connected to a IOGear USB KVM.
I have installed evdev and the Xorg 1.5.3 server.
When I use any X apps the keyboard repeats three for one in.  i.e.
typing one 'L' puts three of them in the input.
I noticed when looking at /proc/bus/input/devices there are three
instanced of the keyboard.

This is an X server problem and the most likely cause is that your server is
picking up a keyboard device (driver "kbd") and the evdev device separately.
If you are using evdev 2.1, then you will get two events for each key press.

Another reason may be that you have an evdev device configured in the
xorg.conf, and the same device gets added again through HAL.

I've tried commenting out all InputDevice sections in xorg.conf.
It seems to have worked so far. No "EE"s in Xorg.0.conf and my keyboard and mouse
are working.  Thanks!

Fred