Re: How do I find updates to the USB HID usage tables?

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 07:35 -0800, Greg KH wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 10:16:46AM -0500, Jim Gettys wrote:
> > Specifically, I'm trying to find definitions for new digitizer page
> > report fields not found in the USB serial bus HID usage tables v. 1.12
> > (the latest on the USB web site).
> >
> > The fields of interest have values of 0x47, 0x48, and 0x49, that are in
> > the reserved area of the digitizer's page in the 1.12 document.
>
> If they are "reserved" they shouldn't be used.
> Are you sure they are being used in a proper way and the device isn't
> just using the HID name to make it easier to write a userspace windows
> driver?

They are adjacent to the values that are allocated in the 1.12 spec; the
USB web site describes a process for asking for new fields to be defined
in that space.

Whether they are being used properly, is what I'd like to ensure; I have
a comment or two in the report data structure source I have that would
give me insight as to whether they are using them correctly.  If not, I
want to complain at them...

> I can go dig through any pre-released specs that are availble if you
> think it is something that is being used properly.

That would be greatly appreciated.  The values are all in the digitizer
page.

> The fields of interest have values of 0x47, 0x48, and 0x49, that are
> in the reserved area of the digitizer's page in the 1.12 document.

Thanks,
                   - Jim

--
Jim Gettys <jg@xxxxxxxxxx>