Re: [2.6 patch] HID: fix default building of all quirky devices

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> For me the more obvious way was what I did, but I agree that your
> solution looks better.

I guess the "more obvious" part simply depends on what you're used to. The
"default y" + "depends on XYZ" thing is a rather common model, so I find
it to not just be shorter, but also "more obvious", exactly because I've
seen it before.

Of course, the behaviour of 'default y' is much simpler (and _much_ more
common!) for a bool than for a tristate, and the rules for tristate logic
in general are obviously often a bit non-intuitive considering that we're
almost always used to the binary kind, and then the fact that Kconfgi uses
ternary logic has caused no end of hiccups.

		Linus