Re: Slow boot due perhaps to locks in mouse and platform system

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 00:17:29 +0100
"Phil Endecott" <phil_dubhl_endecott@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It looks to me as if uhci holds some lock that 8250 needs before it
> can complete.  Now those are both PCI drivers in the same way that
> the last two that seemed to contend were both input drivers (touchpad
> and speaker) [hmm, except that as Dmitry pointed out there's a
> distinction between the platform bus and the serio bus].  Anyway, my
> ignorant suspicion is that there's some lock related to the bus or
> subsystem that they both need.  Maybe something in sysfs?

it does do this. And I know which lock... and I fixed it ;)
Just the patch for this is in Gregkh's tree since it's a change to the
device/sysfs layer and he wanted to carry it via that way.

I can dig that patch out if you want

--
Arjan van de Ven 	Intel Open Source Technology Centre
visit http://www.lesswatts.org