Re: Force Feedback for Thrustmaster RGT Pro Clutch Pedal Edition racing wheel

Annick et Jean-Philippe wrote:
> Hi, Didier, and all.

Hi!

>> I'm trying to get force feedback activated on this quite wonderful
>> racing wheel ...
>> (patches against 2.6.25, but I've already tested with 2.6.26.3)
>> Unfortunately, this yields no improvement : no force feedback is sent
>> to the wheel (tested with ff-utils).
>
> Not sure this will fix your issues, but ...
>
> ff-utils original code has 2 flaws :
> - it is NOT 64-bit compatible
> - it was coded for 2.4.x kernels, and when you compile it, it does not use
>   the includes of your specific kernel, but those shipped with the sources
>   (see sub-folder "linux")

Works fine for me here on 64-bit, and uses standard headers. Maybe you
are using an old version?

The latest version is in linuxconsole SVN:
http://linuxconsole.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/linuxconsole/trunk/utils/
Downloadable with SVN command (on one line):
svn co
https://linuxconsole.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/linuxconsole/trunk/utils
input-utils

> So I recommend you apply the patch that fixes this issues :
> look on SourceForge libff patches page ...
>
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=440671&aid=2098907&group_id=44724

libff is stale project, I suspect this should be filed to linuxconsole
instead (after checking the problems still exist, of course). Hopefully
its maintainers are active. If not, post here.

--
Anssi Hannula