Re: [rft]power management for usbtouch

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008, Ville Syrjälä wrote:

> > > That is the thing with the forced suspend - it leaves device out of
> > > sync with the rest of the system. If user really does not want to use
> > > the device it should probably be completely disconnected?
> >
> > Yes, therefore I suggested doing the logical disconnect.
>
> Would the persistence flag affect this? That is would the forced
> suspend cause a reset_resume instead if the driver supports it?

There are only two reasons why a reset-resume might occur:

	A normal resume couldn't be carried out (for example, if
	the USB host controller had to be reset) or failed;

	The RESET_RESUME quirk flag is set for the device.

The first reason doesn't apply if the usb_persist flag isn't set, but
the second reason does.

Alan Stern