Re: [rft]power management for usbtouch

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008, Oliver Neukum wrote:

Ok, I see... So what does a device do when it is suspended and a request comes in? Does it automatically resume and service the request (and potentially goes back to sleep)? Does it queue the request for later? Ignore it? Is it a system-wide policy or up to the device [class]?
Return an error. If you queue, how much would you queue?
There's no sane answer, so you better fail right away.

I guess that Dmitry's question was about the behavior of the driver, right? For example in situation when the LED state changes on PS/2 keyboard, what should the USB keyboard driver do for a suspended USB keyboard.

I really don't think we want to return error in such cases. Either resume the device, or queue some requests (maybe depending on the type of requests), right?

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs