Re: [Discuss] What is causing C2? / USB autosuspension?

Am Mittwoch 07 Mai 2008 00:24:58 schrieb Alan Jenkins:
> I think I've worked out how to avoid the lost key-presses.  Sometimes
> they get lost; sometimes they don't.  The difference seems to how long I
> wait after the keyboard suspends.  If I wait a few seconds after it's
> suspended (as shown by the LEDs), then it resumes flawlessly.  It should
> be possible to reduce the impact of the hardware misfeature by
> increasing the timeout.  The longer the keyboard has been idle already,
> the lower the probability it'll be used in the next few seconds.

This suggests a possible work around. Keyboards known to be buggy in this
way could be reawoken periodically before the critical amount of time is over.
How long is that time? What percentage of time does a keyboard need to be
suspended for a positive energy balance?

	Regards
		Oliver