Re: HID bus

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Jiri Slaby wrote:

> > When I added serio bus I had to send patches to Rusty for
> > module-init-tools... No way around it as far as I understand.
> I have no fear of augmenting the tools, but the regressions. If one
> compile those as modules, it won't work with older init tools installed,
> since it won't get loaded. In that way I have been thinking of the
> option CONFIG_I_HAVE_OLD_MIT which would integrate the drivers into
> hidbus module or something scary like that.

I don't seem to be smart enough to come up with any clever solution to
this either.

So please also consider submitting the patch to module-init-tools, thanks.

Maybe introducing CONFIG_HID_COMPAT (which will link everything together
again) and leaving it there for a few releases might help to leave the
complaints from users on reasonable level.

Thanks!

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs