UCB1400 Touchscreen IRQ

I apologize for contacting you directly.  I believe you are the
maintainer of the Linux input drivers.
If there is a forum I ought to be checking, please point me in that
direction.

The UCB1400 touchscreen driver (input/touchscreen/ucb1400_ts.c)
currently uses an interrupt autoprobe to self-discover its interrupt.
The probe_irq_on/off functions indicate interrupts using a 32-bit field.
I am using a SoC (Atmel AVR32), in which the available external
interrupts are enumerated starting from 64, which cannot be represented
in a 32-bit field.  Thus interrupt autoprobing always fails.

I believe the solution is to somehow pass a IRQ down from the driver
instantiation, and modify ucb1400_ts_probe() to check for the IRQ number
before attempting to autoprobe.

In a couple of board setups I have seen (e.g.
arch/arm/mach-pca/cm-x270.c), ucb1400_ts is instantiated as a
"platform_device", eventhough the driver is written as a regular
"device".  Normally, something board-specific like an IRQ assignment is
passed in platform_device->resource, but I do not see how ucb1400_ts
device would be able to fetch that.

I see there is a device.platform_data, and I see a platform_device.dev.
I attempted to pass a pointer through
platform_device->dev.platform_data, but it did not appear to make it
through to device.platform_data down in the driver.

Is there a correct method for passing information (like IRQ assignment)
into a "device" driver, like ucb1400_ts?

I am quite new to linux drivers, so any guidance you can provide would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,