Re: Problem with Genius Ergomedia 700

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008, Alex Torkhov wrote:

> I have Genius Ergomedia 700 USB keyboard but not all "multimedia" keys
> are working. In manual it's written that "My document/My picture/My
> music/Scrolling buttons/Left and right scrolling functions/Zoom in/Zoom
> out/Messenger/Messenger status/Webcam/Audio 1-3/Word/Excel/Powerpoint do
> not function unless driver has been installed". And exactly those keys
> do not working while other multimedia keys are working fine.
> What can be done to enable those additional multimedia keys?

Hi Alex,

please compile your kernel with CONFIG_HID_DEBUG, modprobe the hid module
with 'debug=1' parameter, and send me the dmesg output that appears when
you connect the keyboard, and also when you press the individual buttons.
Please annotate the output (i.e. "this happened when I pressed the XYZ
key").

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina