built-in configuration file prevents booting with command line options

dracut in Leap 15.5 puts /etc/cmdline.d/90crypt.conf into initrd.
This file contains "rd.luks.uuid=luks-${old_uuid}".

If the disk dies, and the backup is populated on the replacement disk,
the UUID of the LUKS container does obviously change.

I was able to boot the existing old initrd with "rd.luks.crypttab=0
rd.luks.key=/some_path rd.luks.uuid=${new_uuid}", but this was not enough.

Booting with "rd.debug" revealed that "${old_uuid}" was still expected
to be present. A search in the extracted initrd revealed that
"rd.hostonly=0" removes "/etc/cmdline.d/*.conf". But using that option
disables also all knobs specified on the kernel command line.

Is booting an "arbitrary" existing initrd with "rd.hostonly=0",
and specifying every required detail of the root filesystem on
the kernel command line, supposed to work?
Did I maybe miss yet another required knob?

This is the full list of used kernel cmdline options:

log_buf_len=16M
mitigations=off
net.ifnames=0
nosgx