Re: [ANNOUNCE] dracut 050

Did someone ever fix the horrible mess involved in using zfs with
dracut?  Usually I have to mount the root pool myself, dracut can no
longer find it by itself -- there seem to be lots of bugs in the mount
zfs pieces.

On Wed, 04 Mar 2020 08:55:50 -0500,
Harald Hoyer wrote:

> Long time, no release...
>
> Here comes a new dracut version. Thanks to all who have contributed to this
> release.
>
> The tarball can be found here:
>         http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/dracut/
>         ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/dracut/
>         https://github.com/dracutdevs/dracut/releases/
>
> Report Issues:
>         https://github.com/dracutdevs/dracut/issues
>
> File Pull Requests:
>         https://github.com/dracutdevs/dracut/pulls
>
> Git:
>         git@xxxxxxxxxx:dracutdevs/dracut.git
>         https://github.com/dracutdevs/dracut.git
>         git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/boot/dracut/dracut.git
>         http://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/boot/dracut/dracut.git
>         https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/boot/dracut/dracut.git
>
> Git Web:
>         https://github.com/dracutdevs/dracut
>         http://git.kernel.org/?p=boot/dracut/dracut.git
>
> Git Web RSS Feed:
>         http://git.kernel.org/?p=boot/dracut/dracut.git;a=rss
>
> Project Page:
>         http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/dracut/dracut.html
>
> Project Wiki:
>         http://dracut.wiki.kernel.org
>
> The ChangeLog can be found here:
>         http://git.kernel.org/?p=boot/dracut/dracut.git;a=blob_plain;f=NEWS
>

> dracut-050
> ==========
>
> dracut:
> - support for running on a cross-compiled rootfs, see README.cross
> - add support for creating secureboot signed UEFI images
> - use microcode found in packed cpio images
> - `-k/--kmodir` must now contain "lib/modules/$KERNEL_VERSION"
>   use DRACUT_KMODDIR_OVERRIDE=1 to ignore this check
> - support the EFI Stub loader's splash image feature.
>   `--uefi-splash-image <FILE>`
>
> dracut modules:
> - remove bashism in various boot scripts
> - emergency mode: use sulogin
>
> fcoe:
> - add rd.nofcoe option to disable the FCoE module from the command line
>
> 10i18n:
> - fix keymaps not getting included sometimes
> - use eurlatgr as default console font
>
> iscsi:
> - add option `rd.iscsi.testroute`
>
> multipath:
> - fix udev rules detection of multipath devices
>
> network:
> - support NetworkManager
>
> network-legacy:
> - fix classless static route parsing
> - ifup: fix typo when calling dhclient --timeout
> - ifup: nuke pid and lease files if dhclient failed
> - fix ip=dhcp,dhcp6
> - use $name instead of $env{INTERFACE} (systemd-udevd regression)
>
> shutdown:
> - fix for non-systemd reboot/halt/shutdown commands
> - set selinux labels
> - fix shutdown with console=null
>
> lsinitrd:
> - list squash content as well
> - handle UEFI created with dracut --uefi
> - make lsinitrd usable for images made with Debian mkinitramfs

> [...]

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una
         covici@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx