Dracut module initqueue/finished problem (called after returning 0)

Hi,

I’m writing a module that requires initqueue/finished test, so I’ve added a script that exits 1 while main initqueue scripts are doing the job and that exits 0 when done (I’ve also tried return instead of exit).

Sometime it works perfectly, and sometimes initqueue/finished/myscript is called indefinitely even if I return/exit 0

What could be the reason for Dracut to loop/ignore the /lib/dracut/initqueue/finished/my_script exit code?!?!

I’ve tried to remove myself at second run doing rm -f $f and then the system hangs…

Wired. I must admit I’m lost. I’ve looked at /sbin/dracut-initqueue (started by systemd) and I don’t understand how this can happen. It looks like systemd somehow restarts dracut-initqueue. Is that possible? What could trigger that?

Any idea on how I could track down the problem (rd.debug is way too much verbose)

Module code is visible here: https://github.com/finley/SystemImager/tree/initrd-from-imageserver-and-dont-package-initrd/lib/dracut/modules.d/51systemimager

Finished script is the following one:
https://github.com/finley/SystemImager/blob/initrd-from-imageserver-and-dont-package-initrd/lib/dracut/modules.d/51systemimager/systemimager-wait-imaging.sh

Note: I’m using bash in initrd (not dash)

Any hint wpould be greatly appreciated.

--
Olivier LAHAYE
CID & ASSI - DRT Saclay